bar code scanning more than 82 characters

We've used consecutive ASCII Read instructions when we need to read more than 82 characters. This is one example in an SLC 5/04 but I'm sure you could do something similar.

ASCII Read Example.jpg

created a new string type since compact logix controller string tag is default at 82 characters , still no luck reading in bar code longer than 82 characters. also bar code contains no end of code characters.

Similar Topics

Hello Guys, I am trying to add a Zebra DS457 FIXED MOUNT IMAGER with MICROLOGIX 1500 LRP 1. How to connect the imager with the ML1500 since it...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I am a beginner in PLC programming. I am trying to add a Zebra DS457 FIXED MOUNT IMAGER with MICROLOGIX 1500 LRP to successfully...
Replies
Views
I have a micrologix 1400 that i am hooking up a Keyence barcode scanner. reading a date time stamp of 10 characters. when it reads to my string...
Replies
Views
I am trying to connect the bar-code reader intermec sr61 with the micrologix 1100 but, the channel 0 indication is not blinking where the bar-code...
Replies
Views
We are using Sick CLX series bar code reader with AB 1746-BAS module in a outdated system . The processor is SLC 5/04.We want to revamp the system...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom