OT: New Use For DC Motor Control Cards

Aabeck

I just discovered a wonderful use for the DC motor control cards we have all been using for the last 40+ years.

I have been working on a Christmas lights PLC (now a SLC5/05 with 2 racks, mosty output cards with the last 4 cards being analog) and was pricing out some lighting amplifiers for the analog outputs for varying light levels Price each = $$$$

Then I wondered if I could use a DC motor control, set the output for 180Volts, turn the MAX pot down so its max output is 110Volts, controlling it with an analog output. Works great & can power quite a few strings of lights without overloading the card.

I suggest you get 4 or 8 & try this at home.

Similar Topics

Hey there, I just have a motor related question. I am using a 90V DC motor (https://www.motion.com/products/sku/03889770) and am controlling it...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have any experience with working on piezoelectric motor control? I want to use off the shelf components to hopefully change the...
Replies
Views
I'm controlling an Applied Motion HW23-601D using a Leadshine EM542S connected to a 2080-LC50-48QBB, using CCW, and experiencing some weird...
Replies
Views
This is my first time doing any sort of motor controls with PLCs so I am looking for some help determining what kind of equipment I will even...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, this is my first question in this forum and I'm still learning about these matters. I apologize if I make any mistakes. I am...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom