help in siemens wireless communication

nealdiolanda

Good day,

i need help in my project. it consists of siemens s7-300 and ET 200M. when i am directly connected using profinet, there were no faults. but when i start using an antenna/router? for my wireless communication, theres a system fault. but i can download programs in it and it seems working well. what can i do to remove the system fault?

attached is the diagram for my project.

thanks in advance.

wireless.jpg

Hi

Is this Siemens equipment/ profinet equipment?

I have never done this, but I believe you cannot use profinet through a router.

Hi.

i connected them using ethernet. sorry if i made mistakes in defining the equipment.

it seems to be working.. but i dont understand why it still has a system fault even though i can download programs and it even runs.

i really need to remove that fault. :)

Have you managed to get a profinet connection or only an Ethernet connection to your CPU? Those are two different things.

If I remember correctly, profinet is MAC address based, and that information is not routed.

A connection to the cpu is (can be) based on IP address.

A system fault you can check in your diagnostics. Same goes for bus fault.

Again, not an expert just trying to help :)

Thanks for your reply. :)

this is what i got from my module information:
Faulty module (diagnostic interrupt detected)
Error LED (SF)

it also requested OB86 in diagnostics so i made one.. but still, nothing happened. :(

If you want to run Profinet over a wireless network, then your radiomodem needs to be capable of doing just that. Profinet uses a very strict specification.

The reason you can download a program is that this uses TCP communication and not Profinet.

If you dont want to use special Radiomodem equipment then you can replace the ET200M with a S7-300 CPU and use S7 communication (PUT & GET). This does not use Profinet.
If this is still out of your budget then you can use a S7-1200 on the ET200M. There will be an S7 communication between the S7-300 and the S7-1200 and the ET200M will be slave to the 1200 PLC.

If you want to use wireless Ethernet then look into the Scalance series of radiomodems from Siemens with a KEY PLUG option. You need to select your equipment carefully.
You can use the TIA selection tool for this.

2.jpg

1.jpg

We have used the siemens scalance wireless which works well and easy to setup, a little expensive.

We have also used a USD 100 client bridge made in korea and it works just as well. We never believed it would work for more than a couple of days but its now over 2 years of flawless connection. Installed on a rotary filler so lots of vibration, noise, etc.

http://www.engeniustech.com/product...client-bridges/desktop-wall-mount/ecb300.html

Need to select WDS client bridge mode and link using the MAC address. Let me know if you need detailed procedure...

It is common to have intermittent interference in Wireless equipment, unless they have been set up with care. You WILL get dropped packets, etc. The question is if you can design a system that can keep errors to a minimum, and if your system can ride through the errors.

You have said that it works, despite the flashing red light. What is your main concern?

You said you created the error OB. Did you put any code in the OB to trap error messages, or did you leave it blank to just keep the PLC in run?

Profinet IO often expects to connect very fast (by default, SImatic Manager will assign a communications interval of 2ms), and it will alarm if it misses 3 data packets in a row. 2ms per packet x 3 packets is 6 mseconds, which is almost nothing to most wireless equipment. You need to ensure you have wireless equipment designed for the demands of a realtime, deterministic industrial system. As one poster noted, Siemens does offer equipment which is intended to work with profinet (ask for iPCF).

Also, have you done a site survey? This is a critical part of creating a wireless system. You need to know what sources of interference you have, before you can decide that wireless will allow you communicate acceptably, or what channel to use.

Also, what is the need for wireless in the system? Are the PLC and IO moving around in relation to each other? Could you continue to use the ethernet cord? I've worked on many wireless systems that have been installed fine, but I would recommend using a physical cable every time, if possible.

thanks for your replies. i really appreciate it. :)

funny. i got the job done. i think its a bug. in the diagnostic buffer, it says that there is a station return but disrupted/under maintenance in the port address 2040. so what i did was i disabled the port 2040 and restarted the cpu and then changed ethernet connection of the ET200m from port 1 to port 2. then the SF was gone!

When i looked in the IO topology, the CPU and the ET200m works even though they do not have a connection in their IO.

thank you again for your response. :)