scada software - YOUR opinion please

syed misbah

Dear All,,

Our company wants an upgrade to existing PLC system; that involves in upgrading the scada system as well. I know there are well known brands in scada, but I would like to go for lower end price of scada software.

• We had SLC 500 and now we are planning to go delta plc.
    Approx 2000 tags will be used.
    Scada will be used to monitor & data logging for process parameters ONLY

For control purpose, we have got panel. So, scada only for monitoring and data logging.

Can an HMI be used for monitoring and data logging.

I appreciate for any responses.

Thanks
Syed

just out of curiousity why are you replacing the slc 500? as far as cheaper scada software and an HMI I would.go with any of the ones that are scalable from a local screen to remote such as Archie Advanced HMI (I haven't used it yet but o e of these days I will Convince a client lol)

Thanks Mr Mark,
I will go inquire for PEAK HMI.
Im not sure whether it supports Delta plc and redundancy features.

Dear Dwsoft,
A lot of I/O is being added We, need to add modules. The SLC 500, model which we have doesnt have spare incase any modules fail.Programming , also will be simple in new systems. Also, there is addition features which we can have on new plcs of 2015. Thats' my opinion.

Mr Jordan, the thread you pointed out is real info. It might help me decide which scada we might go for.

Baldone, I will check indusoft .

Thanks everone for replies.

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks Mr Mark,
I will go inquire for PEAK HMI.
Im not sure whether it supports Delta plc and redundancy features.

I "think" the Delta PLC line supports MODBUS TCP so we never added a specific driver for the Delta. I do not know if Delta has a protocol of their own.

And yes, PeakHMI supports redundant MODBUS TCP connections.

Last edited: