Trying to connect a Cognex Camera to Redlion HMI

kevdaig

Hi guys,

I am trying to get images taken by a Cognex Camera In-Sight 7010 with a Redlion HMI G315.

I am using the Cognex In-Sight Camera Image driver in Crimson 3.0 to "be able" to view an image on an active primitive called "camera".

The camera's IP address is good and it's online (seen from Cognex software).

From the moment that I download(update) in the HMI with the camera active primitive on a page, everything become very slow and I am unable to see an image on my HMI.

Any ideas or suggestion of what can be done?

Thanks.

When I wanted to include an image from a Cognex camera on a GE Quick Panel HMI I set up the Cognex to send the acquired image to the HMI by FTP. I never tried to show a live image on the HMI.

I don't know what you would need to do in the Red Lion to set it up to receive FTP transfers.

my experience with Crimson file and image transfer: it is VERYYY slow. It impacts operation.

I've not done FTP transfer within a crimson application. I suspect it will be slow also.

I have talked a lot with RedLion support and we tried many different things like try to reduce as much as possible the quantity of images taken per minute or the image resolution. I also tried to change the telnet port, the active primitive dimension, the user's status on the Cognex Camera (from Full to protected level and vice versa...) and all of the other camera's parameters...but still not working. The Redlion support is telling me that the driver is suppose to work properly, but they never tried with the specific In-Sight Cognex camera that I'm working with...

For now, the camera passes into a wifi rooter to reach the plant network. The next step is to try to plug an ethernet cable directly into an ethernet switch...

If you have any other ideas, feel free to flag me!