Rockwell Panelview + Data Logging ?

EICS_2

i have a panelview plus HMI.

i want to data log when certain digital events occur but not have this in the alarm list (or alarm history) it is for maintenance purposes of when a certain process has completed only.

the log needs to contain date & time.

Any idea's?

Use their Datastore ActiveX control.
That will let you data log numeric or string tag data to a plain text file.

I second using the Datastore ActiveX control. It's a shame that on such an expensive interface, logging is so difficult and antiquated, but Datastore makes it a little bit better. There are some funky things you have to do with macros, but this guide makes it as simple as possible: http://theautomationblog.com/datastore-plus-step-by-step-setup-in-factorytalk-viewstudio/

If you want to log tags in different groups or at different rates, all you need to do is place another activex control on the same screen and configure it accordingly.