OPC Communication

BMEnterprise

We have data from a Hypack program that we would like to send to a redlion data logger via opc communication. We would like to know the steps to take to make this happen.

Greetings,

First, why do you think you need to utilize OPC?

Are there many devices or many client interfaces whereby you would need to manage the traffic of the data or is it a simple point to point connection?

Is Hypack an OPC client? You will want to find out if it can support OPC.

You will want to find out what protocol your Hypack offers for communications. I believe the Red Lion data loggers offer various drivers for communications.

Next you will want to see what your OPC server supports.

Once you have this information, you can proceed to selecting an OPC server that will connect your client with your devices.

We are an authorized distributor for Kepware. You can view their information through our web site - http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/Kepware.htm

Should you have any additional questions, you can post, pm or email me through the link below or on our web site.