CompactLogix and ACS880 using Ethernet/IP

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I have loads of experience using Profibus, Profinet & Modbus TCP, but I have never used EthernetIP. I have a project where I need to control 7 ABB ACS880 AC-Drives from a 1769-L36ERM Compactlogix.
Of course I am in the process of reading the relevant manuals and so on but I thought that there are a lot of experienced AB users in the forum that could give me a crash course on Ethernet/IP configuration steps.
I have already installed the ABB ACS880 EDS files and I already saw how this can be added to the Ethernet tree of the PLC. I have a doubt as to which device to choose since there are a lot of options to choose (DSU, ISU etc) from the Hardware catalog (see attached).
I would wish to have some help on how to setup the connection and how to link the AC-Drive data (RPM, control word, Fault etc) to the PLC data.

Would anyone wish to share his EthernetIP checklist?

Regards

Nik.

1.jpg