TIA Portal HMI Alarms help

DLMUK

Hi,

I am trying to configure some alarms on my HMI screen.

I have multiple data tags which will hold a value which is being sourced from an RS485 device. What I will then do is create a page where the user can input limit values and write a small block which says

when value1 => limit1 then alarm1 = true.

All of the above I can handle fine... what I want to do is configure the alarms in the HMI screen correctly. Does anyone have screenshots of the "HMI Alarms" section and the associated DB which they wouldn't mind sharing?

I have setup my discrete alarms page and linked it to a word in the relevant DB, but I cannot figure out how to config correctly against the Trigger Bit.

Thanks!

Hi.

TIA is a little bit weird. You can not input single bit tags for alarms. But you can point to a single bit in a word. That is how I do it.

Alternatively, you handle the comparison of values in the HMI.

Alarm_1.jpg Alarm_2.PNG

Hi.

TIA is a little bit weird. You can not input single bit tags for alarms. But you can point to a single bit in a word. That is how I do it.

Alternatively, you handle the comparison of values in the HMI.

Thanks for your help - in the image you sent of the HMI alarms page are you able to explain what you put in each of the following columns?

Trigger Tag
Trigger Address

I assume Trigger Tag is the tag which triggers the alarm, but I'm not sure what the Trigger Address is for?

Thanks,

I would also appreciate some background on this from someone experienced.

This system of alarming is clear as mud.

Also I have to say their help file system could use some renovation.

You just need to create an Alarm Word (or INT not sure). And select the bit in a word. Creating a bit tag won't work on panels (but will in Wincc Professional)..

Like boneless says.. weird..

So if I create an alarm tag (word) I can then use the HMI alarms page to trigger individual bits in that tag as individual alarms?

This isn't using a datablock but should at least show the idea.

Declare an HMI tag as an int, as shown in one of the figures.

In the PLC, declare a corresponding tag as an int. In the program, write alarm bits to the individual bits of the PLC tag.

In the HMI project, where you define the individual alarm text, you also select the HMI int alarm bit that will trigger the alarm, and the PLC alarm int bit that corresponds to the HMI alarm.

The best way is to probably use a datablock, write alarm values to that in the PLC and select the correct datablock bit in the HMI program for the trigger tag of the HMI alarm int bit.

You also have to know a little bit about alarm classes. They are defined on one of the attachments. Defining the alarm classes lets you pick which alarms must be acknowledged, and which ones don't.

hmi alarm classes.jpg hmi alarms.jpg hmi tags.jpg

So if I create an alarm tag (word) I can then use the HMI alarms page to trigger individual bits in that tag as individual alarms?

I think Tim got it :).

So you trigger alarms in your HMI with the bits, not the other way :)

Caw

Hi,

CAW is such a great function to avoid the byteswap in the HMI :).

And I'm wondering about Pdiag, is it in TIA allready ??

Kind regards,
G