CFC V7.1 or DIY

barryoc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at a project that will require operator intervention to "simulate" valve/motor feedbacks and analog values. In googling this i came across CFC for step 7. I will be using WinCC flex 2008 or WinCC V7.2.

My question is as this project is going to be small, 40 valves/8 motors/15 analogs, would i be better to create my own block in step 7 and faceplate in WinCC/Flex. Also if I Was to use CFC and WinCC V7.2 would it need to be CFC V7 also, as the project would be integrated into Step 7 (AS-OS)? The bottom line is not 100% clear to me. See image.

Capture.PNG

The "AS-OS" terminology is related to PCS7, which is the DCS system built from a combined S7/WinCC platform. In PCS7, the versions of everything must match up, because it is all integrated. If you don't use PCS7, and just use the components individually, the versions do not typically have to be in sync.

The "AS-OS" terminology is related to PCS7, which is the DCS system built from a combined S7/WinCC platform. In PCS7, the versions of everything must match up, because it is all integrated. If you don't use PCS7, and just use the components individually, the versions do not typically have to be in sync.

You can use "AS-OS Engineering" also without PCS7.
With AS-OS Engineering you have to install Step 7 and WinCC on the machine you use as engineering station. Only with AS-OS Engineering you can use alarm-messages generated with Alarm8, AlarmS etc., and the special attributes to generate automatic WinCC Tags from Plc program.