first analog input card

cdnrookie

Good morning guys,

So ive been messing around with a 1756-IF8,

Ive never worked with analog cards or rslogix 5000 all that much.

Im looking at a small project here to monitor the airflow in a venting system. At the moment, it just for my own amusement. so no safety concerns if I mess it up!

Ive got a differential pressure sensor hooked up to the card (two wire 4-20ma)

I put in a simple mov command to watch the input, but it doesnt move....

right now i have

local:4.1.ch3data being moved to "south vent"

it shows up, but doesnt move with the change in air flow, ideas?

thanks again,

well, first of all:

local:4.1.ch3data being moved to "south vent"

has some typos in it - but that CAN'T be your only problem - because the software wouldn't verify the mistakes that you've made ...

have you checked the Configuration tab for the Module? ... make sure that you've set it for 0 to 20 mA (the ONLY current range) and see if that helps ...

if that doesn't do it, then post your ENTIRE project file (ACD extension) and we'll take a look ... (you'll have to zip it first - forum rule) ...

note that many of us here will NOT click on a Dropbox link, etc. for security reasons - so post your zipped file as an attachment right here in this thread for best results ...

based on a QUICK look, the module setup seems OK ...

no offense - but are you SURE that you're online (communicating) with the processor - and that you actually have a milliamp current signal flowing? ...

how about the JUMPER on the input module's terminal block? ... you'll need that for a current signal ...

and make sure that you're wiring it up for DIFFERENTIAL signals ... (not for SINGLE-ENDED) ... at least differential is what you have set in the software - so be sure that the actual wiring matches that configuration ...

Last edited: