Factory talk view me machine edition security

PERSPOLIS

HI EVERYONE
I am familiar with security application in FTVME. Can somebody tell me if security to a display in FTVME can be applied with only password rather than username and password similar what is used in panel builder 32 software(panelview standard). I mean log in , enter only password,and the secured screen is displayed .
Regards Perspolis

Maybe if you roll your own.
I recently had an HMI with a login where the user entered a password only - it went to the PLC which determined the login level.

Thank you George for the interest in my question.
As I mentioned I have learn the security application in FTVME and in my motor start-stop project I have created a secured display that after entry of username and password then the particular secured display is active. Referring to post #1 is there any method to eliminate username and just once password is entered then secured displayed is active , if this is practical surely can be applied to display 06 to go to display 07.Regards Perspolis

From within ME, there is no direct way to assign just a password to a Display. The only security you can assign to a Display is a Security Code letter (A-P).

As you are aware, you then assign the Security Code letter to a User account. When that User is logged in, they have access to that Display.

A User account obviously has to have a Username. So you cannot just Login the User with only the Password.

If you want to navigate to a secured Display, via an object, such as a button, then there is a method that uses the Login button object and Macros.

Note: This is using both the Username and Password to Login.

On your Display "06 - Ram adjust" there is a Login button labelled "Ram Limits F3". This button is there since the PB32 conversion. In ME, when you press this you get the Login popup and enter the Username and Password. Every time the User is logged in, a Login Macro, assigned to the User account, is run which writes a value to a HMI tag assigned to the Global Connection "Remote Display Number". The value written will be the number assigned to the secured Display. In this case "7".

When a tag, that is assigned to this Global Connection, is at a non-zero value, you cannot navigate locally. So you must also reset the tag value back to zero. This is conveniently done by running a Startup Macro, assigned to the secured Display, and run as the secured Display is opened.

So...

You press the Login button...
Enter Username and Password...
As User logs in and a Login Macro is run and changes Remote Display Number tag to "7"...
Display "07 - Ram Limits" opens...
As it opens it runs another Startup Macro to reset the Remote Display Number tag to "0"...
You can now navigate away from the secured Display.

This will do what you want, but will require a Username and Password to Login. I won't detail it any more than I have above unless you want to use it.

Another way is to roll your own, as danatomega suggests, if you just want to use a "password" to get there.

You can use a Numeric Input Enable button object, which you can label "Ram Limits F3". This will allow you to enter a number, which can be your password number assigned to get to the secured Display. This navigation will be controlled through the PLC.

Assign an integer address in the PLC to read from this Numeric Input Object. Also assign a PLC integer address to write to the HMI. Assign another integer address to read in the current Display number to the PLC.

PLC logic...

Check when the read address is equal to the known password number. When it is equal, Oneshot write the Display number "7" to the address assigned to write to the HMI. Next, check when the current Display number address is equal to "7" and then zero the read address. You must zero the read address else the rung will never go false, unless you enter an incorrect password first.

In ME, assign the PLC read address to the Numeric Input Enable object's "Connection" as a direct PLC reference, or assign it first to a HMI tag and then assign that to the object. Assign the PLC write address similarly to the Global Connection "Remote Display Number". And also assign the current Display number address to the Global Connection "Replace Display Number". This connection will write the current Display number from the HMI to the PLC.

You will also need a Startup Macro for the secured Display which will zero the Remote Display Number tag address.

When you enter an incorrect number, the read address updates in the PLC but nothing will happen. When you enter the correct number, the EQU instruction will be TRUE and a Oneshot instruction will execute a MOV instruction to move a value of "7" to the write address. This address is actually not being written to the HMI, but rather being read by the HMI. This will change the tag assigned to "Remote Display Number" to a value of "7".

Once this tag has the same value as the Display number, then the Display will be opened automatically.

The Display's Startup Macro is run as the secured Display is opened to reset the "Remote Display Number" tag to a value of "0". Again, this will allow you to navigate away from the secured screen.

If you have any questions about the above, or creating a Macro and assigning it, then fire away...

Regards,
George

Can you just use the username; leave the password blank?
It's not ideal, but would still let you use the built in security.

Optional, but you probably want to do this as well:
(1) On the Login button, check the box to hide the username.
(2) Make sure that CurrentUserName() is not used in the project, or else you will see the username (password in your case).
(3) In the FTView (or PanelView) Diagnostic Setup > Message Routing, uncheck the "Information" messages. Info messages will log the username, which in your case you probably want to hide. That also cuts out other info messages which can be helpful for tracking down problems, like tag writes.

HI Sorry for long delay as I have not had chance to deal with security issue. I would like to leave the plc program as it is so I will try the method stated by George.Danatomega can you please elaborate about hmi with usage of only password.Arlenjacobs I did not see username option in login button properties.
Thanks again
Regards Perspolis

In the HMI, I created a login screen where the user can enter a password. This will include a string entry field and an alphanumeric or numeric only keypad.

That password is linked to the tag HMI_Login_Password.

The PLC code has several rungs that do discrete CMP instructions with the expression HMI_Login_Password=PassWords[x] with the 'x' being replaced by 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, etc.

PassWords is a string array in the PLC where the literal strings are stored (you just enter them in to the PLC.

Whichever comparison goes true the MOV's a value into Login_Level_Entered tag which is used to enable or disable buttons on the HMI screens so that a user can gain access (or not) to other screens.

Just use VISIBILTY on the HMI buttons based on Login_Level_Entered.

The ENTER button on the HMI Login screen is tied to tag Login_GO which one shots a move of '0' to Login_Level_Entered prior to the CMP's of which login level was actually entered.

Hiding the username may only be in version 8. I don't recall if it was there in older versions.

At least for version 8, it is a check box in the button properties dialog: hide username