RSView and Siemens

Dawen35

Hello all,

Apologies if this question has been answered before, I have done a quick search and couldn't find exactly my problem.

I am currently adding a Siemens PLC to our RSView SCADA and whilst i have set up the OPC server and have managed to get my tags done I am struggling with my alarms. The alarms from the PLC are in Word format and and I am trying to get them in bit format.

I have managed to get my bits by using db##,#.# but seem to recall that if I want to take a bit out of a word (I think it is called indirect address) I need to use db##.dbx#.# , is this correct.

If my terminology is not right or this is a very basic question please forgive me but I have had a headache over this all day.

Regards

Dave

I've never seen them addresses as db##,#.#. I'm assuming that's an RSView way of addressing.

In the Siemens PLC, the way to address a single bit is as you have shown, db##.dbx#.#.

Like db3.dbx2.1 gives you the bit datablock 3 byte 2 bit 1.

The dB addresses are laid out like shown in the attachment.

S7-300 or 1200?

dbs.png

Thank you Tim for your reply, I must admit I was a bit confused with the comma myself but it seems to work so I have left it. I will try the way you have added above and see how it goes.