How to use Red Lion G15 and Crimson to SMS

merlin749

Learning Crimson. How do I send an SMS message out Ethernet to an Ethernet cell modem? The Crimson manual has no examples or details. Thanks for any help!

Without knowing anything about your ethernet interfaced modem, I suspect that you will need to build a driver in Crimson. possibly two Crimson programs: one to package and send, another to receive and parse.

What interface does the modem require to receive and send a message?
What parameters?

I don't know what interface the modem would need, this is before purchase. I was thinking maybe Crimson would provide for sending a text string containing the mobile phone number and the message text, similar to an email. Maybe the AT command set would be used?

I don't know what interface the modem would need, this is before purchase. I was thinking maybe Crimson would provide for sending a text string containing the mobile phone number and the message text, similar to an email. Maybe the AT command set would be used?

Just a thought. If the display has internet access you could send the SMS as an email. The email address of Verizon (for example) is the 10 digit phone number ([email protected]). The other major carriers have similar arrangements.

Getting email to work has it's own difficulties and obstacles to overcome. I just offer this if all else fails.