Automation DirectSoft6

edward.ortiz

Hello, I am still fairly new to this direct logic plc programming. I have gathered some information on the set up for some modbus tcp communication. I encountered a problem when i was converting the modbus addresses to the koyo plc tag. i have a 2 slave elements one with the modbus address 30001 and another with the address 40001. When i do the conversion they both have the v memory tag of 0. How do I distinguish between the two in the programming and tagging. Thank in advance for you help.

You didn't note the CPU. In the DL06 manual, chapter 4 (System Design and Configuration) - Network Master Operation view the note that shows how the upper nibble of the Byte Count can be set to '4' to use Function 4.

I'm sorry I misled you. From the ECOM manual page 5-15 - the ECOM100 (just ECOM is not capable of Modbus/TCP) as a Client (Master) does not support Function Code 4. The 30001 address ranges cannot be read from a server/slave device.

My earlier post only applied tot Modbus RTU.

If you were to change the CPU to a Do-more processor, it can handle the major MODBUS function codes and the H2-DM1E model has a built in Ethernet port. The coding and software is different than the DirectLogic D2-250-1 however.

The software is free and there are a lot of benefits to using the Do-more over the older DirectLogic CPU's such as strongly typed memory, no need to interlock communication instructions, more available protocols and a vastly superior instruction set.