MM4 Profibus

stzatzop

Hello. I want to ask the following:
I have soem Micromaster 440 inverters running and the control is via a S7-400 CPU Master Station in a Profibus DP system. Is it possible to read and write parameters from / to the drive from a PC or a laptop that is not connected directly to the drive but is connected to the Profibus DP(for example the PC of the operator station)?
And where can i find technical documentation for this item? :)

You can, fairly easily, if you have DrivesES, and have included the DrivesES-Enabled hardware types in your hardware configuration.

If so, make sure you enable the parameter handling info (PKW) words in the Profibus object type.

DrivesES provides (somewhat cumbersome) functions for parameter handling, but also allows for using DriveManager directly over the Profibus link.

Two potential problems, not all 400 series drives have DrivesES profiles as of yet, and you may have to manually configure DP_SEND and DP_RECV blocks for the actual control/status information (PZD data).

Good luck

Hello stzatzop;
http://www.tp.spt.fi/~salabra/ha/Automaatiotekniikka2/CB15ENG.doc
This will take you to a word document describing the use of Profibus to read/write to a Micromaster drive; old stuff, but the comm structure still works for a MM440.

If you look at section 6.1.1, you will see the way you can read/write parameter values. The structure uses 4 consecutive words that you have to write specific values to, then transfer as 1 block to the drive (you cannot write them one at a time, you must use SFC15 (DPWR_DAT DP)).
For example, you want to change the value of the acceleration ramp, parameter 2 on the Micromaster drives. You create a DB11 with 4 words for this transfer. You write the following values tio the DB words:

DB11.DBW0 ---> w#16#2002 // the first "2" means write
//"002" identifies the parameter number
DB11.DBW2 ---> w#16#0 //index value, not used on MMdrives
DB11.DBW4 ---> w#16#0 //high value of parameter =0
DB11.DBW6 ---> w#16#A //low value of parameter = 10 sec.

Then use SFC15 to write the 4 words at one shot to the drive.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier