TIA Portal hardware catalog in relation to F-DI / F-DO modules

kobelu_090

Hi guys ,

Since I'm not very familiar with the Siemens PLCs safety system I got a couple of questions which you could help me with:

Currently my engineering laptop has installed TIA Portal V13 SP1 .
When I go to the hardware catalog the only safety devices that I can find are :S7-300/400/1200/1500 F CPUs and the ET200S-Failsafe/ET200SP-Failsafe CPUs.

What I can't see are the F-DI/F-DO modules!

I know that on top of the existing software package(TIA Portal v13 SP1) I have to install the Step7 Safety Advanced v13 for programming the safety CPUs. Will this additional software enable the F-DI/F-DO modules in the hardware catalog as well?

Best regards
kobelu_090

Hi JRW,

Thanks.

So STEP 7 SAFETY ADVANCED V13 SP1 is the the only add-on software that I have to install in order to be able to see the F-DI/DO modules in the hardware catalog?

Regards
kobelu_090

If you haven't done it, I would recommend installing any HW support packs, as well. This will make sure you have all the latest HW in the catalog. HSP's can be installed from the TIA uploader thingy.

If you haven't done it, I would recommend installing any HW support packs, as well. This will make sure you have all the latest HW in the catalog. HSP's can be installed from the TIA uploader thingy.

Hi mk42,

That's a good idea. Usually I do that , but in this case ,I believe the F-DI/DO HSPs will be available in TIA Updater after "Step7 Safety Advanced" is installed .

regards
kobelu_090

Hi mk42,

That's a good idea. Usually I do that , but in this case, I believe the F-DI/DO HSPs will be available in TIA Updater after "Step7 Safety Advanced" is installed .

regards
kobelu_090

Oh, yes, I didn't mean for the HSP to replace installing the safety software, that is almost definitely required.