Rockwell Factorytalk exporting Parameter files

rtragle

Hey,

Is there a way to export parameter files from Factorytalk 8?

I've looked through the documentation, and came up empty handed. It's easy to import them, but I still haven't figured out a way to export them.

Thanks,
Ryan

You could use the project documenter. But the parameter files are just text files with a .par extension.

It's actually called the application documenter. It's under FactoryTalk View, Tools. But I thought you wanted to Export the .par files. You should be able to import them with no problem, just right click on the parameter files folder in Studio and select "Add Component into Application".

I got it working.

You have to encode the text file as unicode. In other words, when you do a save as in notepad, select unicode on the bottom dropdown.

Thanks for all of the help