COPY task not being completed in a SFC

unsaint32

We have a SFC program for a RFID reader reading a product bar code and sends data to a labeler. Please see the picture. In about every 50 products, the COPY instruction in the Step_018 does not get completed. RFID2Data & LABELER_DATA are of same structured data type with 8 members, all of which are string values (DINT and SINT).

It's not the product or the bar code because when we send the product through the reader again, it works just fine this time.

Whenever it happens, LABELER_DATA's values do change but not completely. It's as if the Step_018 did not have enough time to complete the COPY task.

TriggerThePrinters bit goes 1 in the Step_018 and in another ladder it goes back to 0 on the very next rung.

This problem started right after we added Next_Station_Clear in the Tran_019. Without that, we have other problems so we want to keep that there. As you can see, the same bit was already there in the Trans_020.

Is there a way for me to ensure the COPY task is completely done before proceeding to the next step? Compare RFID2Data & LABELER_DATA and use the true compare result condition in tran_020? Maybe I can add timer value in the action properties then use Step_018.DN as a part of Tran_020? Or use N rather than P1 as the qualifier?

Thanks.

packline_new_problem2.jpg

We have a SFC program for a RFID reader reading a product bar code and sends data to a labeler. Please see the picture. In about every 50 products, the COPY instruction in the Step_018 does not get completed. RFID2Data & LABELER_DATA are of same structured data type with 8 members, all of which are string values (DINT and SINT).

It's not the product or the bar code because when we send the product through the reader again, it works just fine this time.

Whenever it happens, LABELER_DATA's values do change but not completely. It's as if the Step_018 did not have enough time to complete the COPY task.

TriggerThePrinters bit goes 1 in the Step_018 and in another ladder it goes back to 0 on the very next rung.

This problem started right after we added Next_Station_Clear in the Tran_019. Without that, we have other problems so we want to keep that there. As you can see, the same bit was already there in the Trans_020.

Is there a way for me to ensure the COPY task is completely done before proceeding to the next step? Compare RFID2Data & LABELER_DATA and use the true compare result condition in tran_020? Maybe I can add timer value in the action properties then use Step_018.DN as a part of Tran_020? Or use N rather than P1 as the qualifier?

Thanks.

You could try the CPS (Copy Synchronous) instruction instead of COP, it works exactly the same, but cannot be "interrupted" by a higher priority task, or the Asynchronous I/O exchange (during the System Overhead Time-Slice).

Of course the instruction Help does not say whether CPS is available in SFC, nor does it indicate any instructions are available , or not, as the case may be... Only way is to try it out...

In tran20 check if rfid data is same as labeler_data, it means the copy is done.
and i dont understand before the printer trigger.