RSLogix5k - Map Output cards to memory

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I am writing my first RSL5k program and I don't really have any guidance or direction on this one, so I have been ferverently reading. What is a good practice to map my physical inputs and outputs to an array.

These are discrete 120V Inputs and 120V outputs and I'm using a ControlLogix PAC processor. The reason I want to map the outputs to an array is so that I can program more closely as I would for an SLC500 which I'm pretty familiar with.

What is a good practice for doing this? Should I make a separate array for each card or put them all into a single array?

Thanks for the help guys.

Hi

I create an array for each card and I use a cop instruction to map from the card
I would also look in to Utd's and AOI's also as you would not have used these in slc

Are you using any servos?

Donnchadh

We are re-doing a conveyor system at our plant. There are 7 motors that will be ran by VFD's. I'm using control relays to turn on the FWD on the VFD (We don't have ethernet comms cards for them). I'll also have 3 start/stop stations, a scanner to scan product codes and a kicker to kick mis-scans off the line.

It is a pretty simple system all-in-all, so I'm grateful this is the first project they gave me. After some battles with the software I am ready to start programming.

I am basically taking what was a system with a rack and controlnet rack and cutting out the controlnet and utilizing an old cabinet and controller setup for these conveyors, as the system they controlled is no longer there. There really isn't much I need to do besides the field controls for the conveyor.