Keyspan USA-19HS vs DataLinc PLR6430

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Well, after all these years I finally ran across a device that my Keyspan USB to serial converter won't "talk to".

The DataLinc Group PLR6430 I/O radio is configured with software called CIX I-O Config. I am using version 2.02 on a Windows 7 Pro Dell 64 bit laptop. I tried various compatibility modes and the "high performance" setting in the Keyspan configurator to no avail.

My boss had reported to me he had the same issue with the Keyspan unit but his Win 8 laptop has often given him trouble with drivers. Today, though, we pretty much proved that the USA-19HS and PLR6430 are not a good combo.

I have a cheap Prolific converter that did work 75% of the time. The CIX software is a little strange in that it is an exe that you just run (no installation). The software also freezes if you do not have the correct settings when attempting to connect or if you do not put the radio in config mode first.

So I blame the software more than my trusty dusty ole Keyspan, but if anyone has any ideas about things I might try to solve this, or can add their confirmation of my issue I'd be grateful.

Now, I need to go buy a bigger duffle bag for my ever expanding assortment of cables.

Paul