encoding/decoding Reals in Logix

Hi, I'm using Studio 5000 PE V24. I would like to encode a Real Float so that it my be transmitted serially and stored to an RFID tag occupying only 4 bytes. I know Logix uses IEE format so technically I should be able to convert the binary value to 4 ASCII characters. It would then need to be decoded to be read properly from the RFID tag. I don't see that there is any easy way to do this in Logix via STL.
Thank you for your time and consideration. :site:

Yup; the key is that the COP and CPS instructions act on the data in a raw "bitwise" fashion and don't try to interpret or convert it in any way.

Your results will be a bit array, and by default you'll be looking at them as though they were a signed 32-bit integer (a DINT).

You can choose to look at them as ASCII characters, or in Hex, or Binary, but they won't make any sense until they're copied back into a 32-bit IEEE Single-Precision Floating Point datatype.