1761-net-eni and ML1000

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have set up two 1761-net-eni modules and have them working on our network. One module will communicate with the ML1000. The other gives 2-3 flashes of the RS232 light and then won't talk to the ML. I can see the device in RSLinx but not the controller. I'm not really sure what is going on with this, and could use a bit of help.

Thanks!

I have two modules, module 1 and module 2

They are both Series A FR 1.02

Module 1 (the old module) I reconfigured and got working and talking to the PLC, it shows up on Linx

Module 2 (the brand new module) I configured this module and got it working on the network (I can access the web page) but it will not connect to the ML1000.

I am using the same switch port, cable, PSU, PLC etc to test these. I am only swapping the module out.

For some reason with autobrowse on, the 1761-net-eni was flashing to the PLC, then got a red X over it, then to the ENI then with a red X over the ENI. I was wondering if I could be getting some packet-loss issues from the ENI, but the pings were constant and I saw no signs of packet loss. Even with a red X over that icon in RSLinx I was able to connect to the PLC and upload the program to my laptop on my test bench. I'm going to put it into the actual cabinet tomorrow and see how it does.

The drive diagnostics are pretty useful.