iFix 5.1 Import / Export Database Problem - Excel

russg

Hi,

When I export the csv file, display it in excel or notepad and then add some new tags that I've copied from current tags but changed the numbers I get errors when importing them back. And if they do allow the import I still get errors and not all of the fields are filled in, or some of the data is in the wrong place.

Does anyone know the best tool for doing this process?

Thanks

I didn't record the errors. I've been reading up a little and just did what it says in the manual, that is to drag and drop to an excel sheet, then change it how I want it and drag it back. It kind of worked, although the database shut down due to it stopping working. I loaded the database back up and the new tags are there, but are missing the I/O addresses:

If there are no channel/devices in your IGS config that match your addresses, this will happen and is normal. Send an example of one of the addresses you are using

If there are no channel/devices in your IGS config that match your addresses, this will happen and is normal. Send an example of one of the addresses you are using

Yes, you're right. For some reason my IGS had lost all the tags i'd updated. Look better now thanks.