Wonderware Expressions

rtragle

I have a text that I want to change what is displayed based on tags. I’m fine with making the box and putting text into it, but when it comes to expressions, I don’t know how to do the scripting.

I’m doing a Value Display – String, and here’s the expression I have so far:
IF Main:pREGRADE_ST_PB == 1 THEN
"START";
ELSE
IF Main:pREGRADE_ST_EN == 1 THEN
"STARTING";
ELSE
IF Main:pREGRADE_STARTED == 1 THEN
"STARTED";
ELSE
"ERROR";
ENDIF;
ENDIF;
ENDIF;

Thanks,
Ryan

I wanted the text to change not for a window to appear.

The solution is to add the logic to a While Showing Window Script

Thanks,
Ryan

Can you not just create a tag of the type "memory string" and have your conditions write to that tag? Then just set up a piece of text using "$" as your character to be replaced and have it display that string value?

"START";
ELSE
"STARTING";
ELSE
"STARTED";
ELSE
"ERROR";
ENDIF;
ENDIF;
ENDIF;

If this is the code you are using, I think the issue you are running into is that it isnt writing the value of "started" to the tag. I believe it would look something like

IF Main:pREGRADE_STARTED == 1 THEN XXXXXXXXX = "START";
ENDIF;

Where the x's are whatever tag you are using to store that.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding something.

I don't have any issues now. For reference, here's the code I'm using in the Window's While script:

PREGRADE_START_BUTTON = "START";
ELSE
PREGRADE_START_BUTTON = "STARTING";
ELSE
PREGRADE_START_BUTTON = "STARTED";
ELSE
PREGRADE_START_BUTTON = "ERROR";
ENDIF;
ENDIF;