User defined tags

Earl

I'm rebuilding a panelview app and have a question.

Control Logix will be the platform,

I have a screen that shows data for the last 10 event snapshots, 8 points of data each line. I built the screen using individual tags for each data point (80 tags) but I have heard that I should use a user defined tag instead. I am having trouble making it and can't really find an example that shows what I am trying to achieve.

thanks

Thanks,

Thats not a manual we had around the shop, and they do not allow net access. Thank god for alternate means of reaching out.

Ah, one of those places. Surely it's only a matter of time before places like that die out for lack of access to information and we can all get on with living in the 21st century ;)

You don't necessarily need to use a UDT to store data like that; an ordinary 2-dimensional array sounds like it would work fine and it's even easier do to indexing and searching.

Let's say you have eight floating-point values for each Event. Make a 2-dimensional array tag called EventLog[10,8].

The first index value will be 0-9 and that will be the Event number.
The second index value will be 0-7 and that will be the Data Log Entry number.

So if you want to display the third entry from the tenth Event, the tag address would be EventLog[9,2].