Servo amp EMC first aid kit is empty!

Onstege

To make a long story short: I have two identical drives which have the same problem. The amp is a SEW Movidrive MDX61B-0014 (which by the way is a personal favourite of mine) and a CMP40M which is a small synchronous servomotor with absolute hiperface encoder.

To the problem: everything works fine (at least as what you could expect from an untuned drive) with a 1m motor cable. When I connect an extension of 10m the motor sounds like a fishingboat at low speeds and a machinegun when running faster. Encoder cabling length has no influence. If I connect a 20m motor extension it gets even worser.

I've tried all my tricks now: verified motor cabling, checked all screen connections, re-calibrated encoder, removed encoder shield in one end, tied an extra earthing wire from amp to motor but nothing helps. Does anyone have more tricks in the box? After a couple of weeks with 16-18h workdays I do notice some lack of creativity in my little brain...

Just shooting in the dark here, but have you tried to run an auto tune with the longer motor cable attached?

Will.

Unfortunately there is only manual tuning available. I found out that it wasn't emc-related, but since the motor is very small the added inductance gets quite influent. Problem solved by lowering the switch-frequency.