Quickpanel+ Security

Marie1982

Hello,

I have a Quickpanel+ from GE and I am using Proficy Machine Edition 8.6.

I know how to setup users and password using the EditUserList command.

Now I would like to block users with lower access levels from entering new parameter values in numeric data entry tools.

How can that be done? I know that you can block script from being executed using #AccessLevel variable, but how about numeric data entry tool and navigation buttons???????

Thanks.

See this: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=652433&postcount=5
This is how it worked in the original TCP QuickPanel. This changed when the QuickPanel moved into the "Windows" world.
It now uses the underlying OS for security and those 'legacy' features that made it the "Quick" panel no longer pick up the underlying OS security levels.

If you want to use them put them on their own pop-up panel and use a script to open the panel with NDE or NDD on it only if the user has the proper security level.

I see most people using the security access along with the "visibility" parameter and staying away from the legacy NDD & NDE features.

Last edited:
I created my own numeric data entry controls using a button or a box with "Value Animation". When setting up the value animation tab it has a security level box that you can enter the Accesslevel value. If they don't have the proper accesslevel, the keyboard doesn't pop up when touched.