Dial Indexer with PF525

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anybody have any suggestions on what the optimal parameter setup is when using a PowerFlex 525 drive (with DBR) for the quick decels required on a Dial Indexer? What "Stopping Mode" seems to work best? DC Braking?

Hi Damian,

What we use is 'Ramp to stop'. Usually the deceleration of 0.3 sec works fine for our application [I find lower than that doesn't help much, 'physics']. If the index time is slow, one sensor for stopping and checking it is home is fine. I used to have separate 'Stop' and 'Home' disc triggering 2 separate sensors for stopping and confirming it stopped where I want it to be whenever the index speed is faster. The disc are attached to the indexer shaft, so one index gives out one complete rotation of the disc.

Regards