1771- ife/b

elec-tech

Hi Guys,

i am trying a loop powered sensor with 4-20mA to work on an allen brad 1771-IFE/B input card but not working correctly, i have taken a 24v supply to sensor and back to card term channel + and out channel - to 0v, the card is set up for diff, i was wondering also if change to single end would rectify the problem or be the same, the sensor is two wire and terminals 20 21 on the card are linked to 0v

What terminals are you connecting the sensor to?

Make sure the jumpers are set for current not voltage for the channel you are using. ( double check)

Have you checked the current with a meter in series with the card?

If using differential there is no need to connect the power supply to terminals 20 and 21. ( see drawing)

See pdf below for drawing.

Last edited:
hi, thanks for the reply, the sensor connections are +24v and output or signal, i have the same sensor on flex IO and works fine, i have opened the card and its definitely set for diff current one horizontal link then two vertical links and so on, i have put ammeter on it and getting 12 mA with no input to sensor and there are 4 sensors all the same incorrect mA signal back and 4 on flex IO working correctly, the main thing that was bothering me was in the drawing the channel terminals are + term 1 and - for terminal 2 but there is no voltage on terminal 1 and acting as return to 0v

Last edited:
Unless I'm missing something that should work ( maybe someone else can spot something). What are you reading with a volt meter across terminals 1 and 2 of the analog card? (12ma ( you stated above) should give you 3 volts)