SIMATIC S5-100U CPU 103 Overall resetting procedure

jaganpalakkad

Dear all,

I am facing problem in my SIMATIC S5-100U PLC as it went to STOP mode it is not going back to RUN mode even i reset it manually . I have a SIMATIC PG615 programmer i want to use this and do a overall resetting procedure but i don't know how to use it , please help me how to use this programmer and do a overall resetting procedure and take the PLC to RUN mode.

Regards
JAGAN

PG615 - really? Some antiquarian may be interested. I hope you have a backup copy. Your program is lost when you make an overall reset, unless it sits on an EPROM module. By the way you don't need the programmer to make an overall reset. I quote the system manual:
1. Set the operating mode switch to STOP.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Set the ON/OFF switch to “0”.
4. Change the ON/OFF switch to “1”.
5. Insert the battery

PG615 - really? Some antiquarian may be interested. I hope you have a backup copy. Your program is lost when you make an overall reset, unless it sits on an EPROM module. By the way you don't need the programmer to make an overall reset. I quote the system manual:
1. Set the operating mode switch to STOP.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Set the ON/OFF switch to “0”.
4. Change the ON/OFF switch to “1”.
5. Insert the battery

Just had to do this on an old mill with an S5-100U and can verify this procedure worked! The only thing I'll add is that we waited a few minutes in between step 3 and 4.

This procedure worked after various other people had made attempts at replacing the battery, turning on and off, forcing a copy etc. Nothing worked except this procedure.

First of all, have you got a copy of the plc program, because if not removing the battery & doing a reset will dump the program. If you have the S5 software, connect to the PLC using the tty port (If I remember correctly it is PG).
Go on-line and look at the plc IStack or BStack (can't remember which this should tell you the error). If you have done a complete reset including leaving battery out for a couple of mins and it will not go into run then there is probably a hardware failure. Note: It could be bus failure, suggest you unclip the cards & re-seat them sometimes the connectors can get a bit corroded.