Adding TIME variables

Hello,

I am using about 16 IEC timers (TON) and want to add the remaining Time (ET) from these when a certain event occurs to a DB containing TIME variables. I read that TIME data type is 32 Bit, so I decided to use ADD_DI block to do this task.. However, I'm getting rubbish values in the data block (sometimes even negative values). Am I doing some thing wrong?o_O

[A few more Details about the task:] The timers are for checking how long each equipment has been active. So, I'm setting the addition of ET to the existing record every time the equipment is stopped. Also, the timers aren't being run for very long- just a few seconds, so I doubt if it is crossing the range...

Thanks in advance for helping!
Vamsi Vegamoor

Solved

Problem Solved (Turns out I was just stupid)
I was TEMP variables instead of STAT and so it wasn't adding properly to the existing record in the net cycle..

Thanks Anyway!

Glad you've solved it. IEC time is mS as a long int so what you desribed sounded OK.

Temp variable can catch you out. Yesterday I found a Temp in use for detecting a rising edge, the machine has been running for 9 years but I suspect no-one noticed the error before.

Nick