WinCC programming language

udtwmc

So, i'm just starting to delve into a bit of WinCC script, as you do, (no previous programming experience) and would like to know what language it is based on exactly (am using WinCCv6.0) eg ANSI-C / C++ and if there are any beginner programming books out there that one can recommend đź“š

Cheers

So, i'm just starting to delve into a bit of WinCC script, as you do, (no previous programming experience) and would like to know what language it is based on exactly (am using WinCCv6.0) eg ANSI-C / C++ and if there are any beginner programming books out there that one can recommend đź“š

Cheers

As far as I know, WinCC v6 supports both VBscript and C. I don't have any programming books I can recommend though, sorry. If you just want to learn the languague, then there are probably a million programming books out there. If you want a tutorial on doing it for WInCC, I'm not sure if anything exists.

A gentleman named Hans Berger writes good reference books for the PLC's, but I don't think he has anything on the WinCC side.