PLC-4/40, SFC Stored Action Overlap

Josh.L.D

Hi,

I’m having a problem swapping out a plc-5/40 1785-L40E series D revision A for a revision L.3. Rev A has been running fine for years, but now its faulting and loosing its memory so it needs replacing. The last unit I have is a revision L.3 so I downloaded the existing program onto this processor and when I put it into run it faults.

The fault code is 47 which is a “SFC stored action overlap”. I couldn’t work out why this was not a problem before, then I found a write up on the Rockwell website stating that this fault was a minor fault on the Rev A and its has been changed to a major fault for all revisions past B.

So now I understand why this problem has developed but I cannot find the fault in the code to correct. The processor status file states the problem is in file 4 (my SFC file) on rung 17 (SFC have no rung numbers).

Has anyone got any ideas/ advice?

Welcome to the forum Josh.

Its been ages since I used PLC/5 SFC, but I suggest that if it worked before, then intentionally reset the fault bit before the end of the scan.