ML1400 comms via serial

QvixoteRoux

Hello

I am trying to communciate ML1400 via rs232 ch2 to a device in order to send comands and retrieve info, I have read some examples, I have even get a copy of an actuall machine that is doing the same, but cant get this to work.

I see my AWA instructions sends a N numer of characters, I try to read with ARD with no responde and with ARL getting only ^U^J

I ve set all parameters in channel configuration according to the manual, I have used termination characters \a getting a single ^U^J and \d getting lot of them.

If i use AWT to send data i dont receive enything back.

my cable is using only TX and Rx with crossover and GND, no handshaking.

I know this is posibleusing AWA and ARL because in the xamlpe that the customer gave me these two are being used, but they dont have a clue if anything else need to be configured

in this link is the manual of my device, is a hipot tester, in page 59 begin the commands that I need to send and how i will retrieve data
https://mega.co.nz/#!MVgRGYqT!DgvfhMWII8EM8p187RI1_Hq-49xdABOU_IXpgz-VbwU

thanks in advance