OT: The right tools for the right job

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
I cannot stress enough how happy I am when I spend money on tools that make your life easy and seperate you from the competition.

Yesterday I had to deal with a faulty Profibus-DP network where a client was suffering for 6-months. With our Profitrace we solved the issue in less than 30 minutes.

My favourites for dealing with networks are:
1. Procentec profitrace
2. Fluke 125S

Another tool I like a lot this time of the year is the Fluke 773. Since we got that tool we reduced the commissioning time of analog signals by half.

What are your favourite tools?

• volt probe, old style - no batteries, rugged beyond belief
  • ty-wrap gun - quick, neat cutoff with no jaggy ends
  • infrared camera - checked power supply fans from 30+ feet. Saved tons of dangerous walking
  • Pozidriv screwdrivers

We use the KNIPEX universal key. It is good cause it's expensive and you cant afford to lose it. We always loose the cheap ones.
Same applies for all our KNIPEX gear which is our company standard.