Communication KTP600 and s7-300

Ljohansen

Hi guys

Can these work together, I have this old KTP600 screen which only has and ethernet port. And the s7-300 only has a profibus.

Can you buy something to make this happen..

I am using TIA portal V13. Is there any limitations when you use the KTP600?

I think this screen uses Profinet?

You could buy either buy profibus to profinet converter, or add an ethernet card to your PLC.

Think before you buy, it could easily be that a new HMI with DP would be about the same price.

Profinet to profibus converters exist, but they support mainly IO communication. The S7 HMI's don't actually get the tag data via profinet, however, they use S7 connections, which are a different protocol that happens to also support both Ethernet and Profibus. It is possible that a gateway might translate the S7 communication from Ethernet to Profibus, but I don't know how much data it could handle.

Boneless suggested looking into a new HMI, and I'll second that idea. Assuming the KTP600 is from the Basic panel line, they are pretty low cost, and probably a similar price to a Profinet/Profibus gateway. I know there are Profibus versions of the panels available. Regardless of the price difference, a new panel would be much simpler to engineer, and you'll probably save a lot of time (and time is money, right?) trying to set up communications.

You can buy a KTP600 Basic DP and it has a profibus port instead of Ethernet.

I have recently paired one of these with a S7-318-2

Unfortunately I am not sure about converting one to the other.