Free SLC100

ronboom

We have a couple of SLC100 PLCs. Our Maintenance Department was going to toss them, thought someone out there might be interested. Will try to paste photos. We do ask that you pay shipping expenses if you want them.

great shape!

Brian,

They are both in excellent condition and were working the last time the machine they controlled was operated (about 2 years ago). I have photos of them; if you can send me your e-mail I can send the photos (zip file ~3M). By the way they are both CAT #: 1745-LP103. I think one is spoken for already.

Did you forget already what Steve told you a little over 2 hours ago..

At the top of the page, there is a link to a 'Buy/Sell PLCs' section. Please use that so we can keep the forum commercial-free.

Gary

Did I miss something here?

Why would a FREE plc need to be listed in the buy/sell PLC section?

BTW When is it my turn to be the hall monitor, or is it, thread monitor?

Unregistered GUEST

What you missed is common sense..

and maybe one day you can be thread monitor when you get out from behind that Unregistered GUEST name..

Try and have a good day..

Personally I thought this was an appropriate post, many here are attempting to learn PLC's and could use one to practice with. If anyone has some they can offer for the price of shipping then I believe it should be OK, it isnt advertising or attempting to profit.

Offering information on programming is one way to share....offering items to work with (for the cost of shipping) is another way to share.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I'm new here and don't want to cause any trouble (not yet anyways :) I should point out that I have no idea how to program these PLCs. I think they required a hand programmer -- but we don't have one. They may not work as a learning tool unless you have the proper programming equipment. I was thinking they'd be gobbled up by some folks out there that required spare parts, etc. I do have one left if anyone is still interested.

Mr. GMc needs to take a chill pill. An offer of giving a PLC away out of the goodness of ones heart should not be lambasted whether posted in the right forum or not.

I believe that the site moderator is more interested in keeping out "loose 20lbs in 3 hours" spam than a guy trying to give away what may be useful equipment to someone.

You got any Ferraris to give away Ron?

Before too many more get on the attack here I will hopefully clear up this mistake I made and we can move on to learning more about PLC's and not about one's mistakes..

ronbbom, please accept this as an apology. I hope I didn't offend you our embarrass you with anything that was said in this thread.

GMc

Thanks for all the responses! I'm shipping the last one today -- sorry, all gone. GMc, I do accept your apology & offer one in return. I probably should have tested the waters with a poll first -- like: "Do you think it's OK to post threads for free PLCs in the general forum; or do those types of posting belong somewhere else?"

I don't know how to run a poll, perhaps someone out there could do it. Sorry to all that would've liked one; but, I had to go with "first ask, first ship".

I do program things like fixed SLC, MicroLogix, 5/01, 5/02, 5/03, 5/04 & even a Pico or 2. But, that's it -- if I can't program it with a computer, I simply can't program. It's not that I don't know PLCs -- it's that I don't know the SLC100 PLCs.

Thanks for the support & the criticism -- we all need both.