IBH Softec s5 software for windows

hinddhindsa

i received the trial 14 days for IBH SOFTEC SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS s5/s7 siemens PLC.
now it is working as full fledged software,
i want to know from Siemens S5 Users this software is equally efficient as Siemens step5 for making back up/upload of s5 plcs

For S5's that is the only software I use, I have been using "Step5 for Windows" for about 10 years, there are only a few S5's that I work on now.. I was supporting about 100 back then, I switched from Step5 the first time I tried IBH

Anyone how cares http://www.ibhsoftec.com/S5W-Eng

For S7's I use Step7 V5.5, I have not tried IBH's software for S7's

I have been using S5 for Windows for about 10 years too, in fact ever since I've noticed it worked on all versions of Windows I have been using since then. Step 5 had too many problems with the different Windows versions: I had to use another version of Step 5 for each version of Windows!

Unfortunately I cannot give an update of this view for Windows 7 and higher since I left the automation field about 6 years ago.

Kind regards,

cheers.

thank you experienced guys. so now i can rely upon this software for my works.
its great that it works on all versions of windows i.e on windows 10 also.
i did communication with my s5-95u plc by using the pc-tty cable . it worked well, i was able to upload and download my programs with s5 PLC CPU.

Thanks . Have a nice day.
LOVE RESPECT .
DHINDSA

you can come back anytime 🍻
I'm not far away, at least not on the forum. I still browse through it every two or three days, because I do want to remain up to date to a certain level. But I like it so much in the maritime world I'm not very likely to get back in to automation, unless it becomes part of my maritime teaching job of course. And since I'm developing the course program for the new STCW certificate for Electro Technical Officer that day may come sooner than expected. You never know...