FactoryTalk ME Not Showing Analogue Values

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Guys,

I have an application using FactoryTalk ME version 7.

The application has been running fine for a few weeks now. I made a change today and downloaded the new application.

All of a sudden most of my analogue tags are showing ***, and I am also missing some digital tags.

All of my tags are created in a tag database, so I am not pointing directly at the PLC.

If I go into the tag database, and redo the tag, I get the analogue value back.

This also works when I hit the test button. That is the value of an analogue tag is showing **** redo the tag and hey presto, press test and my analogue value is back.

I have got hundreds of tags that are missing, and was wondering if anyone had seen this before?

Cheers

Mark

Not seen it before, but if I were you, my first move would be:
- Export all tags to CSV
- Open CSV and compare a working tag to a non-working tag
- If there are any differences at all, correct them
- If not (or once differences are corrected), delete all your tags from ME and re-import your CSV

I don't have to remind you to back everything up first, of course? ;)

When you downkloaded, did you check the "replace communications" checkbox? Is it possible that your device shortcut for the design and runtime target changed?I've seen this before and it has caused issues as you described.

Thanks for the replies.

I have exported the database to a .csv file and I can see no differences there.

After a little bit more investigation, I don't know if I have stumbled across the problem or if it is just coincidence.

For example, a tag that is working looks like this

Tag database: Instruments\LT5103_Percent, looking at PLC tag [PLC101]LT5103.Scaled_Percent

Tag not working looks like this

Tag database: Instruments\LT5103, looking at PLC tag [PLC101]LT5103.Scaled_EGU.

Now when I add these tags to the display properties, under the connections tab, I get this.

{Instruments\LT5103_Percent}

Instruments\LT5103

Notice the parenthesis that are missing on the tag that won't work.

I have tried adding the parenthesis manually but factorytalk removes them.

The tags are now working when I press the test button, but still won't work when I download to the terminal.

AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Mark

If they're working on test mode, but not when downloaded to the screen, I'd double check all of your communications setup. Make sure you've copied the RSLinx Enterprise design path to the runtime path, and make sure that when you download you replace the communications path. Also check your data formats on the tags, make sure you haven't got an analog tag configured as digital, etc etc.

Did you try importing your CSV back in?