Wonderware Trend Y Axis Limits (Rolling?)

KevinWilliams

Currently using WW2014 InTouch have a Real Time Trend established that works great. The current scaling is 0 to 999999 and the time span is 30 minutes. It produces a fairly flat line visually like the one below:
RcMkk8D.jpg

Is there any way that the Min and Max values can be set to just the value range that shows in the trend chart on screen? For instance the start of the 30 minutes shows 445355 and the end shows 500134, and I just want to see that range and not the entire 0 to 9999999. Example below:
ACB9gGX.png

You could try & get the max value of the pen in question over the period, then set the pens value to that max value + x, then set the chart scale to be that of the pen.
There is wizards that do most of the above, with a little bit of massage I am sure that it could be achieved relatively easily.
Let us know is you get stuck or make it work, I do feel like a small challenge...

I do believe you can set the display value on the fly

I don't think you can do that with a Real Time trend display. You could copy the IO tag's value into a Memory tag with reduced scaling and trend the Memory tag.

You could also use a Historic Trend display wizard and trigger it to update itself like a Real Time trend display does. Then you'd have access to dynamic Chart Range adjustments during runtime.