Siemens SCL help

DLMUK

Hi,

I am new to SCL and would like to do the following:

Read an input, divide the input by a constant and produce an output.

I want this to happen from the moment the PLC starts to cycle until the day it is switched off.

what is the best way to run a continuous loop?

Thanks

SCL can be a headache and finding information on it can also be problematic. A search of youtube with Siemens SCL tutorial throws up quite a few hits. It is very similar to a language called Pascal, so it can be worth looking at tutorials for that.

Here is a version of the simple program you asked about. The bits to notice are the ':=' to assign a value, and most lines must finish with a ';'.

As for running it continually, just call the FC/FB from OB1 Main.

Simple SCL Prog.jpg

An FC, asssuming inputs and outputs are REALs:
Code:
FUNCTION FC_divbyconstant : VOID

VAR_INPUT
    analog_in : REAL ;    
END_VAR

VAR_OUTPUT
    analog_out : REAL ;    
END_VAR

analog_out := analog_in / 123.456 ; // change constant value as needed.

END_FUNCTION
Just call FC_divbyconstant in OB1 or any other continously scanned block.

However, you can just as well use a DIV_R block in LAD or FBD.
This example is too simple to have to make a dedicated FC block.