Toshiba AS1 Ethernet

Jt92gmc

Hello all,

Has anyone used a Toshiba AS1 with IPE001Z Ethernet module to talk to Rslogix 5000? I am having a difficult time finding a comm spec to set up the connection. Maybe someone will have some in-sight before I try to get through to Toshiba service. Thanks.

Hi JT92

Did you have any luck with this? We have 17 drives to set up with RSLogix, we have a cryptic data sheet from Toshiba but we can't see how to get this implemented. We tried the Generic Ethernet Module as per Toshiba instructions and set instances 105/155 but only get faults.

Regards

I have never done a Toshiba dhrive. The following advice is General ethernet IP advice.
What I typically see is that the drive has IP mismatch or parameters on the drive are not set correctly.

Thanks for quick reply Jeff.

I figured out if we use instance 102/152,each with 6 bytes of 16 bits, configuration 6 with 0 bytes then I can get it working. I had tried the largest instance (105/155) with most data first - this does not seem to work.

It is still cryptic - you have to first assign parameters 831 onwards in the VSD to various information you want to read, the generic ethernet module in RS logix then extracts the data in these parameters.

Hello, since i've posted this I have set up over 60 of them now. I am using the 104/103 instance both size 10. The 831 to 838 cmd data registers are output data you can send to the drive if you need to do that. F841 to F848 are reading registers. As an example I always like to read current. So in the drive I set F841 to current. The drive actually sends percentage of rated current so in the PLC you have to multiply by the rated current and divide by 1000. It's kind of hokey.

If you need any help let me know!

Thanks for the info JT92

I had to look up the definition of "hokey", I agree with your description :)

This is kind of an odd project for us, it has about 20 Rockwell E300 direct on line motor drives and 17 Toshiba - it is interesting to see the contrast between setting up the two systems.

Regards