WinCC Flexible Runtime LOG

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I have a pretty awkward problem on my runtime system.

It's connected to a s7-1200 and this s7-1200 calculate PartsPerMinute(PPM).
Every time the system clock goes to second 0 it move the PPM value to LOG tags that are configured "On change" in the Runtime.

This would supposedly give me a new PPM value every minute at second 0.

The Runtime gets the system clock time from the s7-1200 and updates every 1minute.

The wierd starts here:

The timestamps in the LOG is not accurate. I have had LOGs at second 57 to 03. This is six seconds fault. I could understand if it was just delayed but LOG before my time (second 57) it puzzel me.

This would be no problem if I hadn't run in to another programmer at the company who had written a excel program based on the logs. With this PPM he had calculated (with advanced scripting) the daily production (instead of just asking me to log it for him). Now he wonder if he can get more accurate readings. I want to give him another log with the daily production but he's not buying my idea since he will loose many weeks of data. I hope I can convice him but if not, it would be great with some advice here.