Modbus Discrete registers 10001

sultanahmed

Hi Experts,

I am working on ,Modbus CPU is Ic200CPU001 GE.
i followed manual gfk2220a.pdf in which program is working great i can read holding registers 4000 series as it is saved on %R00831 destination for Modbus Registers,now i am trying to read 10001 discrete input registers but can't,i have changed in RTU SLV Register Data type 3(for Holding Registers) and 2 (for Read Input table).

communication is built but cant read 10001-10010 regsiters please help what mistake i am doing.
for reference please check my program which is attached made on Machine Edition.

Please Experts Help.

Hi Sultanahmed,

The slave device to which you are communicating to may not support or have discrete bits over Modbus.

Get the Modbus address mapping for the slave device from its manufacturer and it may be possible that the discrete bits which you are searching at discrete registers (10001) are present in one of the holding register itself.

And by the way Happy Independence day...!

Smartatuls