Computer to PLC Communication using VB

sharikbaig

Hello Everyone,
I want to control my PLC's digital outputs according to the data given by a Windows Application (Visual Studio 2012). We know that PLC has some registers inside it, so i want this windows application to write some data into one of those registers (register address to be specified in VB code). I can of course use serialPort to write the data into Serial Port, but the problem is, how to make the data written in a specific register of PLC? OR How to read data from a specific register of PLC?
After the data is stored in one of the registers, i can program the PLC to take appropriate action.
Any help would be appreciated.

Framing the question in a simpler format - How can i 'Write data to' or 'Read data from' specific registers in a PLC with the help of a Windows aplication developed with Visual Studio 2012. What will be the alterations in serialPort class?

Last edited: