CLX5555 to INVIEW display using Ethernet IP woes

AndrewB

Hi all

Im having some problems getting a AB Inview display talking to a CLX5555 processor.

Hardware is as follows, Logix 5555, Ethernet ENET/B card, through a switch to the 2706-PENETM module mounted on the inview display.

I have sucessfully setup the ip address for the PNETM with the serial cable and i have changed over to the industrial comms and the signs appearing in RSLINX

I can succesfully upload new messages to the sign, change comms setting in the sign and trigger messages using the inview software.

Ive setup a program to trigger the messages in the processor which is running happily.

BUT im getting no update on the sign when its triggered by the processor.

Has anyone setup one of the ethernet IP ones and got it to work? We have a DH+ one going and that was relativly straight forward.

cheers
Andrew

I've got a couple of them running - basically followed the example.
I assume you've ocnfigured the IP address of the controller (with path) in the PENET box as well as the IP address for the box itself. Also entered valid trigger tags and message array tags.

The PENET needs to see a 0 to 1 transition in the trigger tag. I think the minimum sample time is 100 msec. so the trigger needs to be in each state for at least 200 msec.

During some recent mods on one of mine, where I had to change the target processor, the unit wouldn't work until I cycled power.

Yes ive set up the data path
10.55.178.41 is my eneb (Control logix 5000)
node path is 1 (backplane) 0 (processor in slot 0)

10.55.178.45 is my inview
subnet 255.0.0.0

I think my problem might be the string im using.

The example that come with my sign said to use this
^T[message number]^M

i think it should be $14[message number] <-- forgotten the end bit

im giving the trigger a nice big fat pulse of 1 second as we had issues with this on the DH+ one.

The inview guru at rockwell was off today so i will get onto him first thing.

Thanks for ur help
Andrew

i think it should be $14[message number] <-- forgotten the end bit
The end bit is 'carriage return', hex'0D', entered as '$r'.

I hope you're not including the square brackets in the CLX array.

I was sending the string up as ^T[message number]^M

I changed it to hex first thing this morning.
ie $14messagenumber$r

and it still didnt work until i noticed my variable array was a dint and not a sint....

changed that and it was off

Andrew
You are not the only one having the same problem. We basically done the same thing, with the same results that you did.

One thing for sure we have a lot more engineering time in this unit then expected.

I will verify your last reply in the morning.

Thanks for posting you findings

Paul

wow theres a blast from the past.
Our has been in service for 3 years now without issue.

Working out how to get it going was the problem for us.

Basically what i do have a Dint containing the message number i want to display and cycle through my list of alarms.

I detect when the integer changes (at roughly 4 second intervals) and use that to delete all active messages in the sign and send up the new one each time it changes.

I use a DINT of of 0 to indicate no message and clear the sign.

if you think of the inview as a panelview (I believe thats what the interface actually is,minus a screen) it makes a bit more sense.

Sorry I had to travel out of town. To make the sample program work, one needs to change the Tag name DATA (an array) from a DINT to an INT. Then the sample program works ok. The sample message program DEMO is setup with 2000 messsages. I copied the sample logic program into an online working machine plc and it is working at this time.