small projects

nraghavendra

Hi phil
I am working with ABB AC-31 plcs in our university. am good in ladder programming for Allen Bradley SLC 5/04 using RSLOGIX 500.
now i have to design a samll project in our lab. i require some ideas.
where do i have to search for projects?
its a greate pleasure to be with ur greate people.

Howdy nrag!
I hope that you have a good deal of self-esteem and confidence in your abilities (a good sense of humor will help too!) 'cause you're quite possibly about to be humiliated and perhaps chastised by some of the greatest minds (myself excluded, of course... I'm an ignorant moron compared to most of these guys) on this planet! However after they have had a good laugh you may get some excellent replies.
I personally would advise that you develop your own project and THEN ask for some assistance in troubleshooting and perfecting it. We ALL love to try to help, but some of us abhor doing homework for others. It's the equivalent of cheating.
Just trust yourself and get to work!

regarding to

thanks you. actually i have developed so many projects for simulation. like batch process control system, bottle filling station, elevator simulation, ..... etc. but when i come to design the hardware part am facing some problem. anyway after deciding my proj i will ask you. thanks you.

As I’ve said before, my most favorite student project was one an intern did for his frat house - a beer cooler. They controlled the compressor and refrigerator temperature, included a scale, and alarms for low beer level.

Now THAT is what technology is for!

Now that is a cool project! Wish I'd thought of that, my first PLC program was the most expensive garage door opener ever... To think I thought $300 installed was high when I built my house!

Let's see,

I've done a number of projects outside of my profession. One included a gate operator using an encoder instead of limits, 4 alarm systems, a large trash shreader/compactor for construction debris. Xmas light display, and a Hollowween display wich simply ran a skelaton accross my front porch when the unsuspecting kids stepped on the porch.

The last one proved to be a little too much as it usually sent the little kids off running and screaming, and angering their parents... :rolleyes:

Actually I scared the kids in Sterling Heights, 15 (aka Maple) & Ryan area. The shops on the near east side of Downtown Detroit, Mt. Elliot & Jefferson area. Down at the shop the neighbrhood kids scare me.

Bitmore, I used to hang in RO once and a while, but now it's a little too crowded for me. (no parking) We call it Yuppi-ville. (no offence ment as I might fit the discription). Good friend of mine lives on Houstania near 12 & Main. Watch out for them trains...

Are you guys like the rest of the herd and travel up into my area every weekend to soak up all of the good country air? Lately my area has seemed more like downtown Detroit with all of the murders and drug busts.

Nrag,

How about a home automation project? There are tons of ideas on the web at www.home-automation.org or www.smarthome.com.