Wonderware Tag Update Issue

jinxer

I have a system with a strange problem. It is a Simens 505 controller programmed with APT 1.9. It has a CTI2572A ethernet card that talks to two independent Wonderware stations each with their own CTI DDE Server. We have ONE tag out of approximately 2900 that has an EXTREMELY slow update time (on the order of minutes). If we go online with the controller in APT, the value updates normally, following the analog signal in real time. If we drive the signal to a new value and shut down one of the DDE servers, we get a one shot instantaneous update to the current value on the running system, but then it goes back to taking minutes to show new values.

Anybody have any ideas?

Similar Topics

Hi All, I am creating a new version of a previous stand alone InTouch application. A number of the tags names are changing. Is there a way or...
Replies
Views
Hello After every cleaning of stocking tanks; the last cleaning date and hour should be monitored but this tag is not updated (the Installer left...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am using OI.GATEWAY.2 to communicate to the PLC using an OPC UA. I can see the tags using an OPC explorer connecting to the...
Replies
Views
So I'm trying to make a tag I created in WonderWare Historian display the correct tag values on the inTouch client but it is currently showing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! I am very new here (only a few hours old) but I am so glad this website exists. It has proved so useful already and I hope to be...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom