S7-1200 Email Server

DLMUK

Hi,

I would like to send an e-mail from an S7-1200. The only network connection I will have is the Comms Module (CP-1242-7 GPRS).

I understand I need access to an email server to send, does anyone know if it is possible to use email servers from the likes of gmail etc?

Cheers,

It might be. At a minimum, you'll need to use the security options, and that might complicate things. You might have to load some certificates, or something like that, to get SSL to work properly.

It might be easier to send them through your HMI, have you check into that?

Last time I tried this the S7-1200 would only work on port 25, which is/used to be the standard email port. The likes of Gmail have moved away from port 25 to try to combat spam. The latest manual that I downloaded in June 2014 states that it only works with port 25.

Note
Email server requirements
TM_MAIL can only communicate with an email server using SMTP via port 25. The assigned
port number cannot be changed.
Most IT departments and external email servers now block port 25 to prevent a PC infected
with a virus from becoming a rogue email generator.
You can connect to an internal mail server via SMTP and let the internal server manage the
current security enhancements that are required to relay email through the Internet to an
external mail server.

Hi!

I assume you have a Siemens HMI? Never tried it with Siemens, but it should not be to difficult.

SMTP.jpg Mail.jpg